If you live in the Midwest and have ever been to a Fareway grocery store, you may recognize these cookies from their bakery. They sell big cakey red velvet cookies frosted with cream cheese frosting and drizzled in chocolate. So good! Those cookies are what I tried to recreate. I decided to do box mix cookies which I know sounds lazy, but I was hoping it would make them more cake like.
1 box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cupcake or cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
2 tbsp. flour
1. Add all of the cake ingredients to a bowl and mix well
2. Place small spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet
3. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. (Makes about 2 dozen)
4. Prepare the cream cheese frosting according to the directions on the box
5. Place the frosting on the cookies once they are completely cooled.